Want your very own custom obstacle course at your school, park, playground, camp or other facility? Pick from our menu of numerous amounts of Ninja Warrior/Spartan Race style obstacles and customize your course based on the space available, age of participants, your budget, and your obstacle preferences (all obstacles are appropriate for participants ages 7+). The cost of the obstacle course depends on which obstacles you choose for your course, how many obstacles, availability of volunteers, and travel/lodging arrangements for our crew.
What is Obstacle Course Racing?
Obstacle course racing is one of the fastest growing sports in the US and beyond, largely due to the fact that people find it more fun, challenging, and rewarding than a typical trail run or road race. It combines high intensity running through diverse terrain with fun and challenging obstacles. Examples include Spartan Race, American Ninja Warrior, and Tough Mudder. In OCR, you run, climb, crawl, jump, and balance your way over, under, and through a wide variety of terrain and obstacles. Whether you’re a top competitor or a casual adventurer, you’ll leave with a feeling of accomplishment and self-improvement, along with the desire to improve and continue growing, not to mention the physical benefits of running through a high-intensity fitness course.
What Obstacles Can You Choose From?
Why Build the Obstacle Course?
Obstacle Courses provide a fun, safe, and challenging place for participants of all ages and fitness levels to play, exercise and compete with one another. Here are a few great reasons to build an obstacle course at your camp, school, park, or organization!
- Safety First – Our obstacle courses are built with safety as our #1 priority. Unlike climbing walls and high-ropes elements that require participants to use a harness, all of our elements are under 8ft tall and provide the same level of fun and challenge without the risk.
- Fitness – Obstacle courses are a primary feature of military training facilities all over the world, proving that these courses are the gold standard for fitness training. The obstacle course will train participants in all aspects of their fitness (upper, core and lower body strength, balance, agility, flexibility, coordination, aerobic speed and endurance), and can be modified based on age and fitness level.
- FUN! – You’ll hardly even notice you’re exercising, and you’ll keep coming back for more. Participants consistently report having memorable experiences playing on the obstacle course, and ask to run it multiple times!
- Team-Building – Obstacle courses are great for competition, but they’re even better for cooperation. Relay races, team races, and cooperative missions are great ways to get your campers and counselors working together and building team chemistry and friendship.
- Motivation - Obstacle course racing is one of the best ways to motivate people to run and get in shape. The sport has already changed countless lives by inspiring people to get in the best shape of their lives, no matter their age or fitness ability. Give participants of all ages a positive experience with fitness, and they’ll stay with it for life.
- Self-Esteem – When you conquer an obstacle, you feel a sense of accomplishment. When you fail, you have something to work towards. Self-esteem is a natural result of seeing yourself overcome adversity and succeed
- Novelty – Parents, kids, teens, and adults that love the outdoors are becoming aware of American Ninja Warrior, Spartan Race, and other obstacle course races. How cool will it be when participants get to have their very own course!
Eddie Kovel's Obstacle Course Experience:Eddie has worked as a course manager for Spartan Race, raced and placed top 5 in 12/14 obstacle course races, designed and installed a custom obstacle course for a YMCA Camp in North Carolina, and is currently coaching the Emory Obstacle Course Racing Team and training for American Ninja Warrior. Eddie and his team of skilled and dedicated builders will make any obstacle course vision you have become a reality!
What is the cost of delivery and construction of the obstacles?
Cost of delivery and installation of obstacles depends on exactly what obstacles you choose and how many you'd like to install. Our approximate pricing per obstacle is in our A La Carte Obstacle Menu. Keep in mind that we can customize any of these obstacles to meet your needs, and/or build obstacles that aren't on the list. Our courses are typically between $10,000-$30,000.
Does a representative from your company do the construction or are we responsible for that?
We install the obstacle course, so the costs listed above include our installation fee. We generally work with your groundskeeper/volunteers to clear the space, lay mulch, and paint obstacles to your preference.
How long does installation take?
Installations generally take between 2-4 weekends, but could be longer for a course of more than 12 obstacles.
How many obstacles do you recommend for a starter course?
I'd recommend 12 obstacles as the ideal number, but you can get a great course going with 7-8 obstacles to start, and add more obstacles year by year if you find the course is a huge success with your students.
Please contact Eddie at 203-499-7060 or by email at Eddie@PlayoutTheGame.com for a quote or to schedule an on-site consultation.